Crawfish Tasso Cheesecake
- 1 sm. Yellow onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 4 oz tasso, diced
- 8 oz crawfish tails
- 2 oz butter
- Tony Cacherie’s seasoning to taste
- Saute all above ingredients until tender.
- 1 lb. cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 oz heavy cream
- Whip the cream cheese and cornstarch til smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Then add cream.
- Fold in crawfish mixture.
- Pour pie filling into 9” pie pan lined with your favorite pie dough (uncooked).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 – 70 min. until nice and brown.
- Cool and chill overnight.
Grillades & Grits
Serves 10 – 12
New Orleans Grillades
- 24 4 oz beef top round steaks
- ¼ C. Canola Oil
- 3 Large Yellow Onions, medium dice
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, medium dice
- 2 Green Bell Peppers, medium dice
- 2 Yellow Bell Peppers. medium dice
- 3 C. Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ lb. Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Red Wine
- 1 Gallon Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tsp. Fresh Thyme
- Season beef well with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour.
- Brown beef off in batches in hot pan with canola oil. Place on plate.
- Sauté onions in butter til golden, add peppers and sweat down until soft. Add mushrooms.
- Whisk in tomato paste and 1 cup of flour. Add red wine and stock.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour 30 min.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
Sweet Potato Grits
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and grated
- 4 C. Whole Milk
- 4 C. Water
- 4 C. Quick Grits
- ¼ C. Sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine milk, water, sugar and seasonings with sweet potato. Bring to a boil.
- Whisk in grits and turn fire down.
- Simmer grits 10 minutes.
TO SERVE: Spoon out grits on to warmed plates. Place 2 pieces of beef on each plate and spoon gravy over meat and grits.